Scope of the Service
Use of the Service is subject to:
- These Terms
- Your relevant mobile service Terms and Conditions
- Where the Service includes benefits provided by a third party partner, the terms and conditions of service for that service which are available on the relevant third party partner website (Partner Terms)
- The frequently asked questions relating to the Service (FAQs) available at www.du.ae.
The Organiser of the Service
Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company PJSC (du), having its office at Dubai Media City, Al Salam Tower, PO Box 502666, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The Services will be made available to Subscribers as notified by du on its website. Please check online at www.du.ae for more details.
The following Subscribers are eligible to participate in the Service:
- Natural persons (other than du employees or contractors and their close relatives and spouses), who are Subscribers of du’s Tourist SIM plan (“Subscribers”).
- du reserves the right to disqualify any Subscriber if it has reasonable grounds to believe such Subscriber has breached any provision of these terms.
- By subscribing to the Service, Subscribers hereby warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete.
Acceptance of the Service terms and conditions
- All Subscribers agree that that they have read, understood and accepted these terms as made available by du on the website, at www.du.ae, and that they have read, understood and accepted the relevant Partner Terms, as applicable.
- By participating in the Service, each Subscriber provides their complete acceptance of these terms and agrees:
- to receive via SMS communications from du about the Service;
- to receive via SMS advertising offers from du or the authorised agents of du; and
- to receive SMS from du regarding any new offers or promotions.
- In the event of dispute regarding these terms, conduct, results, and all other matters relating to the Service, the decision of du shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- This agreement between du and a Subscriber will remain in full force and effect while du is conducting the Service (including any temporary suspensions of the Offer for operational reasons, e.g. for planned maintenance or upgrades).
Limitation of liability
- If a Subscriber breaches any of these terms, du will not be responsible for any losses that the Subscriber or a third party suffers as a result.
- du accepts no responsibility in respect to technical or operational failure relating to the Service, including without limitation, for any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control and execution.
- du reserves the right to temporarily suspend the Service whenever is deemed necessary (e.g. operational reasons such as for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades) or where required to do so by a third party partner. du shall endeavour to restore the Service as soon as possible after any temporary suspension period.
- du shall be entitled to remove, replace or update any third party services provided as part of the Service.
Disclaimer of warranties
- Subscribers understand and agree that they participate in the Service at their own risk and willingness and have not been coerced in any manner to enter the Service.
- du makes no warranty, implied or express, that any part of the Service (including any aspect of the Service provided by third parties) will be uninterrupted and error-free. Subscribers acknowledge that any third party service offered in conjunction with the Service is subject to availability and that du has no liability for any withdrawal of any third party service from the Service.
- du or its authorised agents holds no responsibility for cancellation, extension or curtailment of the Service, or for any damage to a Subscriber’s or any other person's mobile telephone related to, or resulting from, participating in the Service or downloading any materials in respect to the Service.
- Neither du nor any of its directors, employees, agents or suppliers shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, death, personal injuries or disappointment (“Losses”) suffered by a Subscriber or a participant. By entering the Service, all participants agree that no claim relating to such Losses (including special, incidental, indirect and consequential losses) will be made against du, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents or suppliers.
- du shall collect, store, protect and share personal information (such as the name, mobile number, voice, images and any other personally identifiable information) of the Subscribers in connection with the Service and shall protect such information in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
- du shall not release personal information about Subscribers to third persons, unless: i) required to do so by law or ii) to comply with orders or instructions by the applicable UAE regulatory or government authorities, or iii) if the Subscriber has first given his/her consent.
All and any Subscriber complaints will be dealt with by du at its discretion in accordance with the laws of the emirate of Dubai and the Federal laws of the UAE. Use of the Service is also subject to the Partner Terms, including as to governing law, as published on the web site of that third party partner.
Subscribers must not to use or misuse any third party trademarks or intellectual property rights (such as the brand name of any third party partner) without the express written consent of the relevant proprietors.
No cash alternative
This Service is personal to you as a du Subscriber and is not transferable and cannot be re-sold or transferred to different individuals whether another du Subscriber or otherwise.