How to get the most out of your mobile data
Here are few tricks that can help you to use your data more efficiently avoiding your mobile phone consuming mobile data without you knowing it.
1. Disable auto-play in Facebook
Auto play is a feature in Facebook that automatically plays videos when you are scrolling through your newsfeed. This consumes a lot of data. You can switch this feature off as follow:
- From your Facebook homepage, click on More at the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down and click on Settings.
- Click on Videos and Photos.
- Click on Auto-play.
- Select Never Play Video Automatically.
2. Disable Automatic Apps Update
Auto update feature automatically updates the apps on your phone whenever a new app version becomes available. You can disable this feature as follows:
- Android phones: go to Play Store’s settings and select “Auto update apps over Wi-Fi only”.
- iOS (Apple): go to Settings < iTunes & App Store < turn off “Use Mobile Data”.
3. Disable Background App Refresh
This is a feature that allows the apps on your phone to refresh in the background even if you’re not using them. You can disable Background App Refresh by going to your phone’s general settings, then selecting Background App Refresh and disabling it. Please note that when disabling this feature you won’t be receiving notifications from your app unless you open the app itself.
How to get your Data Balance updated?
If you have been using data and your balance does not get updated, please restart your data session by going to your phone's settings and disabling your mobile data and then enabling it again or simply enabling and disabling the airplane mode.